This recipe is for a beautiful garlic flatbread with an extra protein punch thanks to the addition of Primal Future Cricket Powder. Flatbread is very versatile and this basic recipe can be used in many different ways such a pizza base for healthy home made pizzas, tortillas or naan bread. We have a basic recipe with a few ingredients to make a stunning garlic flatbread providing for a fantastic snack.
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp of Primal Future cricket powder
- ½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Optional For Garlic Flat Bread
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-2 tsp finely chopped garlic (depending on how much you love garlic)
- Olive oil and extra sea salt for a garnish
1. Preheat oven to 230°C and place a cast iron skillet, pizza stone, or very thick pizza pan into the oven to heat up.
2. Gently heat up coconut milk in a small saucepan until very warm but not boiling.
3. Combine tapioca flour, sifted coconut flour, Primal Future cricket powder and salt in a large bowl then pour coconut oil mixture on top.
4. Mix until thoroughly combined and then put aside for a couple of minutes to cool and for all the coconut oil to be absorbed.
5. Add beaten egg and mix again until fully combined.
6. Carefully remove hot skillet or pizza stone from the oven, cover with unbleached parchment paper, and pour mixture into center.
7. Using a spatula, evenly spread mixture until it is about 0.5cm thick. * Sprinkle on rosemary and garlic.
8. Bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it.
9. * Garnish with olive oil and sea salt.
Serves 1-2 people.
*Optional for Garlic Flatbread