Who doesn’t like burgers? These delicious Primal cricket powder falafels are simple to make and will definitely satisfy that burger craving we all experience in a healthy way. How about a falafel salad or a falafel pita? The options are endless and the addition of Primal Future cricket powder provides for a substantial protein boost.
- 250g chickpeas from a can
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Primal Future cricket powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
1. Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas thoroughly and pulse in a food processor until lightly broken up into coarse crumbs.
2. Add the onion, garlic, spices, parsley, coconut flour, Primal Future cricket powder and some seasoning, and continue to pulse until combined.
3. Using your hands, gently form the mixture into 4 patties about 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
4. In a large pan, heat the oil and fry the falafels on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
5. Serve the falafel with your desired meal or even on its own. For burgers, lightly toast the Primal Cricket Powder Buns and spread each side with hummus. To finish top with the falafel and mesclun lettuce.
Serves 4 people.